Unlike conventional snapshots, pre-releases are generally considered to be a preview of the final product (in this case, 1.11). As such, there are no new features in this particular preview. There are a smattering of new bugfixes, which should be a welcome surprise for everyone who has diligently hunted down all of the various bugs introduced in 1.11 and prior. Awesome!
- [Bug MC-67665] – Mouse click position always lags a few frames behind the crosshair
- [Bug MC-101457] – JSON signs with the “score” tag don’t work.
- [Bug MC-103399] – /debug command create empty files
- [Bug MC-107581] – Animation of totem is affected by “fixed” display setting rotation (and is inverted)
- [Bug MC-107848] – Shulker and shulker boxes have dark corners
- [Bug MC-108270] – Wither skeleton spawing quelled by normal skeletons
- [Bug MC-108934] – The “ench:” tag doesn’t have glint with potions, but name is colored otherwise
- [Bug MC-108984] – Server can “softlock” client
- [Bug MC-109303] – Hoppers do not pass items back and forth at a regular speed and comparators can not read them correctly
- [Bug MC-109507] – Placing Shulker Box at 0 0 0 Causes Client Crash
- [Bug MC-109563] – Trapped chests no longer update components it powers through the block it’s on
- [Bug MC-109566] – Inventory: Single Stack Items don’t drop off into a slot when cursor is moving
- [Bug MC-109568] – Cannot drag all held items
- [Bug MC-109576] – Curse of Binding in no creative inventory tab anymore
- [Bug MC-109577] – Unbreaking and Mending are only listed in Tools creative inventory tab
- [Bug MC-109587] – Elytra are sometimes transparent on an armor stand
- [Bug MC-109603] – Observers can cause powerable blocks to be stuck on
- [Bug MC-109605] – Inverting redstone torches prints “lskdjfldskjf” to log
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, you can expect it to show up on the features list for 1.12!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar